Special Issue | Value Orientations of Modern Youth in Challenging Times
ISBN 978-1-911634-43-0 | Publication date: August 2022
Guest Editors: Oksana Chigisheva email@example.com
Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Theo Gavrielides: firstname.lastname@example.org
Focus and Deadlines
As part of the Youth Voice Journal’s Special Issues for 2022 we would like to invite you to submit
theoretical contributions to Value Orientations of Modern Youth in Challenging Times.
The journal is seeking manuscripts that are connected with the theme of addressing these youth
issues through innovative and youth engaged research. All submitted articles that meet the special
issues’ guidelines will go through a double-blind peer review process.
The Special Issue will be published in August 2022. The deadline for article submissions is April 15, 2022. Authors are encouraged to contact the Guest Editor with a proposed title and a draft abstract by no later than March 1, 2022.
About the Journal
The Youth Voice Journal (YVJ®) is a leading, international, multidisciplinary and double-blind peer-reviewed journal that specialises in theoretical and empirical research about issues affecting young people all over the world.
The Youth Voice Journal (ISNN 2056-2969) is ranked and indexed by Scopus, ORCID, Kudos, EBSCO Information Services, The European Reference Index for the Humanities and the Social Sciences (ERIH PLUS) and Criminal Justice Abstracts. YVJ is also a member of COPE, and we adhere to codes of conduct for journal editors.
The YVJ is managed by an independent Academic and Editorial Board and seeks to provide a reference source for academia, policymakers and youth services internationally.
YVJ™ aims include the following:
- Create knowledge and contribute to the literature by publishing high-quality research on issues affecting young people;
- Establish and develop youth-led methods in research and social policy-making;
- Provide a platform for the international exchange of ideas with the aim of influencing policies and practices;
- Actively encourage and aide those young people whose voices are rarely heard, and support them to publish their research.
The Special Issue
This Special Issue is aimed to present the structure of values prevailing among today’s youth and
assess the degree of its stability under the influence of emerging challenges. We suppose a phased
unfolding of the researched issue from various perspectives and vision angles in the papers of
contributors. Such multidimensional approach should allow deeper understanding of both the
phenomenon itself and the circumstances that influence it and the youth in general. The originality
of the Special Issue will be supported by
– reflecting value orientations in the framework of 4 aspects – material and economic youth
values; youth values in education; youth values in professional sphere; social, spiritual and
moral youth values;
– consideration of the researched issues in a broad interdisciplinary focus of social sciences
– identifying the life goals and value orientations of modern youth that will largely determine
the sustainability of society development in the future.
The themes covered in this special issue may include but are not limited to the following:
– life orientations of young people in the modern “knowledge economy”;
– negative impact of the “market lifestyle” on the personality of young people;
– educational priorities of the youth;
– youth and science – are there any prospects;
– professions of the present and future;
– global labor market and the youth in the post-COVID world;
– new norms and ethical ideals of modern youth;
– social and political activity-passivity of the youth;
– development of psychological resistance of the youth to negative sources of values`
– the role of the state youth policy in the formation of youth value orientations.
We welcome manuscripts from researchers from academic and non-academic spheres,
university staff, post-graduate students and post-docs working in the fields of social sciences and
If you wish and are interested in contributing to the YVJ, please consult our Author Guidelines and Editorial Policy. We aim to have every manuscripts peer-reviewed within a 4-6 week time frame before publication.
The Youth Voice Journal is published by RJ4All Publications, a branch of Restorative Justice for All (RJ4All) International Institute. RJ4All is an international NGO with a mission to advance community and social cohesion, and redistribute power within society at the local, national and international levels.